Shopping for clothes every season can get expensive, and if you live and work in a place like New York City, your look has to be up to date. By keeping a few mandatory pieces in your closet you can stay in style always. Here’s a list of five things to invest in that are timeless, or can be worked into outfits every season.
1) Little Black Dress- This may be expensive, if you’re looking for that perfect designer little black dress, but this is a look that absolutely timeless and will work any season, and for any event. Every woman should have a little black dress somewhere in her closet.
2) Black Boots – These can be flat, or stiletto heeled, but most importantly, they have to be comfortable and be able to survive the New York winter. These boots can be paired with jeans, pants, skirts, or dresses. Just one pair is all you really need.
3) Wide-Waist Belt – These are always in style, and can dress up any outfit. They can be used on top of a dress for a night out on the town, or worn with a blouse to work. They are pretty cheap, so spending a little money on one would definitely worthwhile.
4) Pea Coat – Pea coats are sexy, chic, and functional. There are tons available, but just buying a simple black one will suffice for years.
5) Sunglasses – Sunglasses are the key in New York! We wear them in the summer, we wear them in the winter, we wear them inside, we wear them outside… So it is important to pick out one pair that isn’t just trendy, but just plain looks good on you.